Tips & FAQ
We take great care to provide fresh, handcrafted cupcakes for all of our guests and their special events. Here are some helpful tips and some important information that will help ensure that your cupcakes are enjoyed to the fullest!
- Ordering ahead is always a good idea for large orders! For most orders of signature flavors, we ask for a minimum of 24 hours’ notice.
- If you would like to order, a specialty flavor not currently featured on our menu, please call ahead for availability. Orders for specialty flavors not on current menu, require a minimum of 1-dozen order and our ability to make certain flavors will vary depending on the time of year and our menu plans.
Handle with Care:
- Carry your order flat, supporting the full weight of your box or boxes. Be sure to place them on a flat surface in your vehicle and secure them. Be careful when driving so you do not risk having them slide, tip, or tilt over during transport.
- Smallcakes is not responsible for damages to your purchase after you depart the bakery.
Keeping it Fresh:
- Our cupcakes are best enjoyed on the day they are made.
- We do not recommend keeping your cupcakes in the refrigerator as the cold air may cause them to dry out. The best way to store them is to keep them at room temperature, so just bring them home, and put them on the counter. If you are hoping to store them for more than a couple of days, try wrapping the box in plastic wrap or moving them to an air tight storage container.
Placing an Order:
- I need to order cupcakes to pick up later today; can you make them with less than 24 or 48 hours’ notice?
We'll do our best to accommodate a last minute special order, but availability of product and staff will be a determining factor.
- We love your regular everyday sized cupcakes, but do you offer them in any other sizes?
Yes we do! We offer mini cupcakes by special order, with 24-hours' advance notice. The minimum order for mini's is 1 dozen.
- How many flavors do you offer?
We have over 230 flavors in all that we rotate in throughout the year. Every day we bake and frost 13 signature flavors, and rotate in 1-2 specialty flavors, for 14-15 flavor selections each day.
- How do your specialty flavors work?
In addition to our 13 everyday flavors, we bake 1-2 specialty flavors each day, changing the specialty flavors every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- What if I want to order a specialty flavor that is not in the current rotation?
If you would like to order, a specialty flavor not currently featured on our menu, please call ahead for availability. Orders for specialty flavors not on current menu, require a minimum of 1-dozen order and our ability to make certain flavors will vary depending on the time of year and our menu plans.
- Do you offer Gluten free products and what about allergen information?
Smallcakes: Cupcakery & Creamery cares about our customers’ well-being and satisfaction. While we offer cupcakes without nuts and/or gluten, all of our products, are made fresh every day in the same kitchen. Though safety and sanitation are of the utmost importance to us, the potential of cross-contamination does exist. Our kitchen regularly prepares items with peanuts, tree nuts, nut oils and butters, and gluten; therefore, they cannot be certified as nut-free or gluten-free products. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND consumption of our gluten-free products by those with celiac disease. Customers with gluten sensitivities should exercise judgment in consuming our gluten-free product.
- What about other dietary restrictions?
Gluten Free (friendly): Available by special order in white or chocolate cake.
Sugar Free: Sorry, we do not offer any sugar free items at this time.
Dairy: All of our mixes do include dairy.
Vegan: Sorry, we do not offer any vegan options.
Nuts: Three of our everyday signature flavors contain nuts ("Famous" Red Velvet and Carrot Cake are garnished with pecans, and Hot Fudge Sundae is garnished with a nut topping consisting of peanuts, cashews, almonds, Brazil nuts, and pecans). Of course, the Peanut Butter Cup is frosted with peanut butter cream cheese and garnished with peanut butter crumbles. A few of our specialty flavors contain pecans or almond slivers.